Hi and Happy Sunday to you!
Wow. Do you love this weather? It sure is nice having changes of the season.
Speaking of changes. Check out this week’s recap, which includes a whole lot of shout outs for people who are making lots of changes. It sure is exciting for me to read about their changes, but it must be even more exciting for them to be living these changes.
This week’s agenda:
- Cardio Minutes
- Rookies & Returners
- Q3 Overview
- Week 1 Recap
- Weekly Themes
- Guest Day
- Nutrition Tip
- ND & GST
- Post Measurements
- Ask Mike
- Shout Outs
- FAB 2012
Cardio Minutes: Week 1
|Time||Day 1||Day 2||Day 3||Total|
Week 1 Goals:
Rookie Cardio Goals for Weight Loss:
- Wk1: males = 125, females = 190
- Wk2: males = 150*, females = 220 * (if weight loss is goal)
- Wk3: males = 175*, females = 250 * (if weight loss is goal)
Returning Boot Campers Cardio Minute Goals based on Personal Goals
- Weight Loss (WL): 175 males / 250 females
- Fat Loss / Weight Maintenance (FL): 125 males / 190 females; primarily interval sprint based
- Performance: ask me
Click here to review interval training program handout and for examples of workouts
When reporting minutes via email, if you’re using the fat loss / weight maintenance goal, please denote it like this: FL your cardio number min. If your goal is weight loss, please denote it like this, WLyour cardio number min. This will help me know whether to give you a high five or not.
Rookies, Returners and New Members
Please welcome back Pat DiCarlo (6:30pm) a 2009 member and please welcome new rookies, Carol Rogal (6:30pm), Lorelei Fara (6am), Abigail Liebman (6am), Mikael Taveniku (6am), Rachel Kagan (6:30pm), Brooke Goldstone (9am) and Shoshana Fleischmann (9am). We look forward to meeting you, sweating with you and helping you get into your best shape.
Also please welcome officially to the CYBBC membership family Quyen Chu and Yari Korchnoy.
Click here to read the very meaty Q3 Overview.
Each week we’ll have a different theme and even some days we’ll have a different theme. Themes make your experience more fun and remind you of how your body will be feeling or what you’ll be doing.
Week 1: Intro / Measurements & Orientation / Cardio Progression Week for Returning Boot Campers / Less Sets, Reps, Rounds and/or Load. Perfect form. Very Sore Week for All
Week 2: 2nd Exposure / Regular reps, sets, rounds and/or load / Perfect form / Less Sore
Nutrition Discussion / Grocery Shopping Tour
Week 3: Record Week / Increased reps, sets, rounds and/or load / Perfect form / Sore / Post Testing
Recovery Week: Challenge Week / Individual Challenge Week / On own, max reps, sets, rounds and/or weight in same time or less / Perfect form / Very Sore, but loving it /
Guest Day is a courtesy amenity of CYBBC to help build your support circle, provide an experience for your support circle to understand what it is you do and to not skip a beat when guests visit from out of town.
Local Guest Day is scheduled for the middle class of the 3rd week. You are welcome to bring a local guest to class on one of the below dates.
- 6:30pm, Tues, 7/31 @ Mackenzie Center
- 6am, Wed, 8/1 @ B&G Club
- 9am, Wed, 8/1 @ Mackenzie Center
Non-Local / Out of Town Guest Day is any day. To learn more about guest days click here.
Got a guest? Send them to this link to sign up: https://bootcampboston.com/vip
ND & GST
Sunday, July 29, 2012
Nutrition Discussion & Grocery Shopping Tour
10am-11am, Boys & Girls Club, 675 Watertown St, Newton, MA 02460
11-12pm Stop & Shop, 171 Watertown St, Watertown, MA 02472
Accelerate change. Learn the what, when, why & how’s of nutrition to leap frog forward towards your goals. RSVP by email to attend.
8am, Saturday, August 4 @ Mackenzie. You’ll need to RSVP to secure your 4-minute appointment. I’ll send an, “RSVP Now”, email on Thursday, August 2 at 1pm. The 1st to reply gets the 1st time slot, 2nd to reply gets the second time slot, and so on…
Every once in a while someone asks me a question that would be beneficial to others and I share it here.
How to get your feet straight during the deep squat stretch?
Christine M asked how she could get her feet to stay flat during the deep squat like she see’s her teammates doing.
Here’s my answer:
It’s most likely because one or a combination of the following are tight: your butt, your hip flexors or your calves.
Perform the following 5minute stretch routine on a daily basis:
1. Roll the bottom of your foot with a lax or tennis ball x30sec
2. Straight leg calf stretch x 30sec
3. Bent knee calf stretch x 30sec
4. 1/2 kneeling rectus stretch x 30sec
5. Prone glute push x 30sec
Got a question. Ask me. Click here to see past questions answered.
If you’re on facebook. Become a fan and like us: Go to our fan page and say hi! https://www.facebook.com/ChangeYourBodyBootCamps.Newton.MA
- P7, Week 3, Cardio Minutes Hgh Fives! : Nasrin Sadeghi, Michelle Crowley, Amy Fleischmann, Quyen Chu, Yari Korchnoy, Marc Gromada, Alicia Straus, Marisa Cimino, Scott Timmins, Ceci Dunn, Laura Otting, Jim Pelis, Sharon Russo, Jennifer St. Onge, Michele Pelletier, Kerry Cietanno and Lauren DeSoiza. Boo-Yeah! You rock!
- P7, EW Cardio Minute High Fives (click here to see what EW Cardio Goals were): Marc Gromada, Alicia Straus, Marisa Cimino, Scott Timmins, Ceci Dunn, Jim Pelis, Susan Suminski, Kerry Cietanno, Michelle Diggins, Nasrin Sadeghi, and Yari Korchnoy. High Five! It’s tough to earn a high five during EW b/c you’re asked to either do more cardio minutes or your cardio goal + a strength workout.
- P7, EW, Challenge or Strength Workouts High Five!: Marc Gromada (2), Alicia Straus (1), Marisa Cimino (2), Scott Timmins (1), Ceci Dunn (2), Jim Pelis (3), Susan Suminski (2), Kerry Cietanno (1), Michelle Diggins (1), Nasrin Sadeghi (1) and Yari Korchnoy (1).
- P7, PM:
- In their 1st 3 weeks, Yari Korchnoy lost 5.7lbs of body fat, Ashay Arbale gained 2.2 lbs of lean muscle & lost 1.9 lbs of fat mass and Quyen Chu lost 2 lbs of fat mass.
- Since February 2012, Lauren Desoiza has lost 16.3 lbs (23 lbs of fat mass while gaining 6.7 lbs of lean mass), 7% body fat, 1” from her waist and 3.75” from her hips.
- Since January 2012, Kerry Cietanno has lost 10.5 lbs of fat mass, 6% body fat, ~6 INCHES from her waist and 2” from her hips.
- Since May 2012, Nasrin Sadeghi has lost 6 lbs of fat mass, 3% body fat, 1.4” from her waist and hips and beat her goal body weight by 1.2 lbs.
- Since March 2012, Michelle Diggins has lost 10 lbs of fat mass, gained 2.5 lbs of lean mass, lost 5.7% body fat, lost 3” from her waist and 1.75” from her hips.
- Since January 2010, Carol Vaghar has lost & kept off 15.4 lbs, 5.3% body fat, 2.5” from her waist and 1” from her hips.
- Since July 2011, Jim Pelis has lost 17.75 lbs of fat mass, 7% body fat, 4.25” from his waist, 2.5” from his hips and beat his goal body weight by 3.3 lbs.
- Since January 2012, Michele Pelletier has lost 16 lbs of fat mass, 6.7% Body Fat, and 4.75” from her waist and 2.25” from her hips.
- P8, Perfect Attendance through week 1: Alicia Straus, Katy Coughlin, Carol Vaghar, Marisa Cimino, Lisa De Lima, Dana Dornbusch, Carolyn Greenspon, Kathleen Lowney, Candace Crabtree, Mary Magre, Jennifer Mendelsohn, Lori Arnold, Keri Dogan, Jim Pelis, Greg Pinto, Christine Murphy, Jennifer St. Onge, Susan Suminski, Kerry Cietanno, Christopher Lynch, Michelle Diggins, Nasrin Sadeghi, Quyen Chu, Yari Korchnoy, Carol Rogal, Abigail Liebman, Mikael Taveniku, Rachel Kagan, Brooke Goldstone and Andree DiCarlo. Showing up is half the battle. High Five to you all for prioritizing your training.
- P8, Wk1, Kick A** Weigh In (person with weight loss goal, who’s Kick A** Weigh In beat their last shoes off measurements weigh in: Lisa DeLima, Jennifer Mendelsohn, Greg Pinto, Christine Murphy, Jennifer St. Onge, Michelle Diggins, Quyen Chu, Yari Korcnoy and Brooke Goldstone.
- Alison Occhiuti for completing her 1st 5K and running the whole way! You rock AO!
- Mary Magre for running the JP Morgan Corporate Challenge 5K in Boston.
- Challenge Workouts: Jim Pelis (3), Marc Gromada (2), Marisa Cimino (2), Scott Timmins (1), Ceci Dunn (2), Susan Suminski (2), Kerry Cietanno (1), Michelle Diggins (1) and Nasrin Sadeghi (1). High Five for making Change Happen!
Bonus #1: 15 Minute Manual Stretch / Quarter
James Glanville, Marc Gromada, Scott Timmins and Eva Chittenden, thank you again for being 2012, Top 3, Fast Action Bonus Winners for your training time by renewing your 12-month memberships before midnight, January 1, 2012. You’ve got until Sept 28 to schedule your Q3 15-min manual stretch or risk losing it. Email Coach Mike to schedule.