Good afternoon changemaker!
I hope you’re enjoying the awesome weather and that you’re having a kick a** weekend.
Reminder. Next week is week 3 and all workouts will be Metabolic Acceleration workouts (we’ll train fast). Plus it’s progression week, guest day and post measurements. Get ready to wrap up your August with an energizing finish.
This week’s agenda:
- Week 2 Recap
- Cardio Minutes
- Week 3 Theme
- Guest Day
- Post Measurements
- @ Home Workouts
- New Member
- Shout Outs
- Ask Mike
- FAB 2012
Week 2 Recap
Man what a finish to week 2. The 9am team blew it out of the water so to speak. Helen Rousseau, Carol Vaghar, Jim Pelis, Scott Timmins, Walter Piescik and Marisa Cimino all trained super hard and upped the ante. Most everyone doubled the weight used on dumbbell rows (ladies were using 15 lbs and fellas up to 30 lbs) and Helen, Carol and the guys all did assisted pull ups. It was very energizing to watch. The 6am did the same thing as did the 6:30pm. Most everyone liked the new handstand regression exercises, specifically the gymnastics bridge, the head on mat concentric pike push up and the pike push eccentric lower to head.
Day 2’s favorite was definitely the figure 8’s and many thought it wasn’t as challenging of a workout as Monday, which tells me heavier DB’s were needed.
Day 1 was killer. We took everyone’s favorite 2min of strength f/b 2min of conditioning, but added DB’s to the triathlon relay exercises and out came the sweat and the stars shined bright. Some people said it was the hardest workout of the phase and Jen M said it was her favorite workout ever.
These last 2 weeks are all about acceleration so plan on using your best form and going as fast as you can.
Cardio Minutes: Week 2
|Time||Day 1||Day 2||Day 3||Total|
To review weekly cardio minute goals, how to report your minutes and/or review the interval training program handout, please click here.
Week 3 Theme
Week 3: Progression – Record Week / Increased reps, sets, rounds and/or load / Perfect form / Sore / Post Testing
Recovery Week: Challenge Week / Individual Challenge Week / On own, max reps, sets, rounds and/or weight in same time or less / Perfect form / Very Sore, but loving it /
Local Guest Day is this week. You are welcome to bring a local guest to class on one of the below dates. Send your guest(s) to this link to sign up: https://bootcampboston.com/vig. Laura Otting has invited her marathon training buddy Russell Neufield. Who would you like to bring?
- 6:30pm, Tues, Aug 28 @ Mackenzie Center
- 6am, Wed, Aug 29 @ B&G Club
- 9am, Wed, Aug 29 @ Mackenzie Center
Non-Local / Out of Town Guest Day is any day. To learn more about guest days click here.
Got a guest? Send them to this link to sign up: https://bootcampboston.com/vig
PM will be at 8am, Saturday, Sept 1 @ the Mackenzie Center. You’ll need to RSVP to get your private time slot. I’ll send an email on Thursday at 1pm and the 1st to reply gets the 1st time slot, 2nd to reply gets the second time slot, and so on…
@ Home Workouts
Reminder: here are 2 great @ home workouts you can do on the weekends if you miss a workout during the week or if you want to focus on something more specific.
Click here to watch the Ab Workout
Click here to watch the Workout D’s Pre-Beach “Hollywood” Workout.
Please welcome Rachel Kagan as a new member to the 6:30pm team. Rachel is very excited to be training with us and to get into her best shape.
- Phase 9, Perfect Attendance through week 2: Alicia Straus, Carol Vaghar, Marisa Cimino, Mary Magre, Lori Arnold, Jennifer St. Onge, Susan Suminski, Michele Pelletier, Kerry Cietanno, Joshua Gann, Amy Landry and Rachel Kagan. Many people let their summer schedule changes and the fun BBQ’s distract them from their goals causing them to regress in their results, but not you! High Five for making time to train during the summer.
- Cardio High Fives (Phase 9, week 1): Marc Gromada, Alicia Straus, Marisa Cimino, Mary Magre, Walter Piescik, Jennifer Mendelsohn, Laura Otting, Jim Pelis, Paul Cullen, Greg Pinto, Christine Murphy, Susan Suminski, Michele Pelletier, Kerry Cietanno, Lauren DeSoiza and Amy Landry. Remember how good training makes you feel and how it lets you be your best. You made time for you and your body rewarded you with great moods, energy and clarity.
- P9, Wk2, Kick A** Weigh In (person with weight loss goal, who’s Kick A** Weigh In beat their best shoes off measurements weigh in): Greg Pinto, Alison Occhiuti and Amy landry. If you’re reading your name here and your goal is weight loss, you did good! J
- Shout out to Marc Gromada for winning another softball championship. His team as the definition of a dynasty as they’ve now won 11 of their last 13 championship games.
Got a question? Ask Mike
If you’re on facebook. Become a fan and like us: facebook.com/ChangeYourBodyBootCamps.Newton.MA
Bonus #1: 15 Minute Manual Stretch / Quarter
James Glanville, Marc Gromada, Scott Timmins and Eva Chittenden, thank you again for being 2012, Top 3, Fast Action Bonus Winners for your training time by renewing your 12-month memberships before midnight, January 1, 2012. Send me an email to schedule your Q3 15-min, manual stretch.