Good afternoon Change Maker!
I hope your weekend has been awesome and that you’re having a great start to your Sunday.
I’ve had a great bachelor weekend so far with V out of town. I Howled at the Moon on Friday, went to a BBQ at my cousins yesterday and so far today took a 90minute Harbor Walk along Carson Beach in South Boston.
This week’s agenda:
- Mackenzie Parking Lot
- Cardio Minutes
- Q3 Overview
- P9 Overview
- Weekly Themes
- Guest Day
- ND & GST
- Post Measurements
- Conditioning Workouts
- Ask Mike
- Shout Outs
- FAB 2012
Mackenzie Parking Lot – Week of 8/20/12
The MC parking lot is being repaved the week of 8/20/12. You may park on Crescent Street or Norwood Ave. If the side walk leading to our usual entrance is impassable, please look for signs directing you to a different entrance. If you know you’ll be training at MC all week and not B&G, consider leaving your equipment in our CYBBC closet for convenience.
Cardio Minutes: Week 1
|Time||Day 1||Day 2||Day 3||Total|
Week 1 Goals:
Rookie Cardio Goals for Weight Loss:
- Wk1: males = 125, females = 190
- Wk2: males = 150*, females = 220 * (if weight loss is goal)
- Wk3: males = 175*, females = 250 * (if weight loss is goal)
Returning Boot Campers Cardio Minute Goals based on Personal Goals
- Weight Loss (WL): 175 males / 250 females
- Fat Loss / Weight Maintenance (FL): 125 males / 190 females; primarily interval sprint based
- Performance: ask me
Click here to review interval training program handout and for examples of workouts
When reporting minutes via email, if you’re using the fat loss / weight maintenance goal, please denote it like this: FL your cardio number min. If your goal is weight loss, please denote it like this, WLyour cardio number min. This will help me know whether to give you a high five or not.
Click here to read the very meaty Q3 Overview.
Click here to read the P9 Overview to understand how we hope to use the super-compensation effects of P8’s M-S emphasis to enhance this phases M-A emphasis to yield personal record outcomes in our Q4 testing.
Each week we’ll have a different theme and even some days we’ll have a different theme. Themes make your experience more fun and remind you of how your body will be feeling or what you’ll be doing.
Week 1: Intro / Measurements & Orientation / Cardio Progression Week for Returning Boot Campers / Less Sets, Reps, Rounds and/or Load. Perfect form. Very Sore Week for All
Week 2: 2nd Exposure / Regular reps, sets, rounds and/or load / Perfect form / Less Sore
Nutrition Discussion / Grocery Shopping Tour
Week 3: Record Week / Increased reps, sets, rounds and/or load / Perfect form / Sore / Post Testing
Recovery Week: Challenge Week / Individual Challenge Week / On own, max reps, sets, rounds and/or weight in same time or less / Perfect form / Very Sore, but loving it /
Guest Day is a courtesy amenity of CYBBC to help build your support circle, provide an experience for your support circle to understand what it is you do and to not skip a beat when guests visit from out of town.
Local Guest Day is scheduled for the middle class of the 3rd week. You are welcome to bring a local guest to class on one of the below dates.
- 6:30pm, Tues, 8/28 @ Mackenzie Center
- 6am, Wed, 8/29 @ B&G Club
- 9am, Wed, 8/29 @ Mackenzie Center
Non-Local / Out of Town Guest Day is any day. To learn more about guest days click here.
Got a guest? Send them to this link to sign up: https://bootcampboston.com/vip
ND & GST
Sunday, August 26, 2012
Nutrition Discussion & Grocery Shopping Tour
10am-11am, Boys & Girls Club, 675 Watertown St, Newton, MA 02460
11-12pm Stop & Shop, 171 Watertown St, Watertown, MA 02472
Food is enjoyable fuel. Learn how to use it to manipulate outcomes like health, body changes and performance, . RSVP by email to attend.
8am, Saturday, September 1 @ Mackenzie. You’ll need to RSVP to secure your 4-minute appointment. I’ll send an, “RSVP Now”, email on Thursday, August 30 at 1pm. The 1st to reply gets the 1st time slot, 2nd to reply gets the second time slot, and so on…
Click here for the post.
Here are 2 examples of workouts you could do on the beach. Option 1 would be better for body composition changes. Option 2 would complement run training for races.
- Cardio A: Change of Direction Sprints
- Mark of 10 yds (use shoes or buckets).
- Do 8 rounds of 20:10, rest 1 min; complete 1-4 circuits.
- Ex#1: sprint forward & backward
- Ex#2: shuffle side to side (stay in low squat)
- Ex#3: carioca side to side (step foot over knee)
- Ex#4: turn & run; (run fwd the whole time)
- Cardio C: Straight Running on the beach for time or distance.
- 1min:3min, 5 rounds
- Max Effort Sprint f/b Jog or Walk
Got a question. Ask me. Click here to see past questions answered.
If you’re on facebook. Become a fan and like us: Go to our fan page and say hi! https://www.facebook.com/ChangeYourBodyBootCamps.Newton.MA
- P8, Wk3, Cardio Minutes High Five!: Marc Gromada, Carol Vaghar, Marisa Cimino, Scott Timmins, Ceci Dunn, Jim Pelis, Christopher Lynch, Quyen Chu, Mary Magre, Henry Fizer, Greg Pinto and Kerry Cietanno. Yeah baby! Way to make time and make change happen!
- P8, EW, Cardio Minutes Hgh Fives! : Michelle Diggins, Marc Gromada, Carol Vaghar, Marisa Cimino, Scott Timmins, Ceci Dunn, Jim Pelis, Sharon Russo, Paul Cullen, Greg Pinto, Christine Murphy, Susan Suminski, Kerry Cietanno, Christopher Lynch and Yari Korchnoy. It can be tough to earn a high five during EW b/c you’re asked to either do more cardio minutes or your cardio goal + a strength workout. Boo-yeah!
- P8, EW, Challenge or Strength Workouts High Five!: Marc Gromada (3), Marisa Cimino (2), Scott Timmins (2), Jim Pelis (4), Sharon Russo (1), Paul Cullen (1), Greg Pinto (1), Christine Murphy (3), Susan Suminski (1) and Michelle Diggins (1). I know it can be challenging to get a strength workout in on your own and I really admire your courage to do it and the control over your lifestyle you have! Hoo-Rah!
- P9, Perfect Attendance through week 1: Jennifer O’Leary, Alicia Straus, Carol Vaghar, Marisa Cimino, Dana Dornbusch, Carolyn Greenspan, Mary Magre, Ceci Dunn, Jennifer Mendelsohn, Christine Dunleavy, Lori Arnold, Laura Otting, Sharon Russo, Paul Cullen, Christine Murphy, Jennifer St. Onge, Susan Suminski, Michele Pelletier, Kerry Cietanno, Joshua Gann, Amy landry, Yari Korchnoy and Rachel Kagan. Showing up is half the battle. High Five to you all for prioritizing your training.
- P8, Wk1, Kick A** Weigh In (person with weight loss goal, who’s Kick A** Weigh In beat their last shoes off measurements weigh in: Lisa DeLima, Ceci Dunn, Jennifer Mendelsohn, Jennifer St. Onge, Amy Landry and Yari Korchnoy.
- Camper of Phase 8: Jim Pelis. Jim you are taking action and making great lifestyle changes that are producing measureable results and creating a new personality and approach to the way you want to live. High Five, thank you for choosing CYBBC and thank you for inspiring us with your choices.
Bonus #1: 15 Minute Manual Stretch / Quarter
James Glanville, Marc Gromada, Scott Timmins and Eva Chittenden, thank you again for being 2012, Top 3, Fast Action Bonus Winners for your training time by renewing your 12-month memberships before midnight, January 1, 2012. You’ve got until Sept 28 to schedule your Q3 15-min manual stretch or risk losing it. Email Coach Mike to schedule.