2012, P8, Week 3 Recap
Great Friday to you! I’ve gotta go meet my “boys” for dinner so this will be quick.
You did great this phase and let’s keep it up. It’s vacation & beach season and arguably the best time to look your best. I’ve videoed me doing all 3 challenge workouts so you can follow along. They were tough as you’ll see and they made me feel great and my muscles look awesome. I’m expecting you to do at least ONE challenge workout. Don’t let me down.
This week’s agenda:
- Cardio Minutes
- Post Measurements Reminder
- Weekly Themes
- Empower Week Plan
- Challenge Workouts
- Phase 9
- Shout Outs
- Ask Mike
Cardio Minutes: Week 3
|Time||Day 1||Day 2||Day 3||Total|
Empower Week Cardio Plan: click here to view.
Reminder! Tomorrow, Saturday, August 4, 2012 starting at 8am is Post Measurements and you’re chance to measure what you’ve been doing in the kitchen so you can manage the rate at which you achieve & evolve your best shape.
Do it! RSVP Now by clicking on this link.
Week 4: Empower Week / Challenge Week: Train on own, max reps, sets, rounds and/or weight in same time or less / Perfect form / Very Sore, but loving it /
Empower Week Plan
This week is Empower Week. You can choose to do cardio only if you’re feeling beat up and your body is in need of a rest, but if you’re feeling great, ready to go and you don’t want to stop, then the Challenge Week Workouts are your best decision.
Empower Week Option #1: no strength training, do empower week cardio goal only and other recreational activities.
Empower Week Option #2: do some strength training (decrease total work volume by 50%), do regular cardio goal and other recreational activities
Strength Training Example: 1-3 challenge workouts, but only 10min of strength challenge, ½ the conditioning challenge and w/ the Finisher optional; also can choose own strength training option like a class, 4 Week Fat Loss Jump Start Program, Hotel Travel Workout Routine or other. Remember to decrease training volume. Easiest way to do this is to train strength for ONLY 10-minutes, 1-3x/wk instead of 20minutes, 1-3x/wk.
Empower Week Option #3: strength train, do cardio goal with other recreational activities optional.
Strength Training Example: 1-3 Full Challenge Workouts, 4 Week Fat Loss Jump Start Workout, Hotel Travel Workout Routine, a class or other strength training option.
To see the Empower Week Plan with cardio minute goals, challenge workouts, the 4 Week Fat Loss Jump Start Workout, the Hotel Travel Workout Routine, Workout D the Pre-Beach Routine or the Abs Workout, click here.
To see the 2012, P8, Challenge Workouts, copy & paste this to your browser:
- M&O is 8am, Sunday, August 12, 2012 @ Mackenzie
- 1st Classes begin on Monday, August 13, 2012.
- The training schedule will be:
|Day 1: M||Day 2: T / W||Day 3: Th / F|
|Total Body||Lower Body||Upper Body|
- Deadline to register is 11:59pm, Thursday, August 30, 2012. Please refer your interested friends to the 1 week trial page. Thank you.
- Cardio High Fives, P8, week 3: Marc Gromada, Jennifer O’Leary, Alicia Straus, Katy Coughlin, Marisa Cimino, Scott Timmins, Henry Fizer, Ceci Dunn, Jennifer Mendelsohn, Christine Dunleavy, Laura Otting, Jim Pelis, Paul Cullen, Greg Pinto, Susan Suminski, Michele Pelletier, Kerry Cietanno, Lauren DeSoiza, Chris Lynch, Nasrin Sadeghi, Yari Korchnoy, Abbie Liebman, Mikael Taveniku, Rachel Kagan, Brook Goldstone and Andree DiCarlo. Yeah baby! Way to get work done outside of BC!
- 2012, P8, Perfect Attendance: Alicia Straus, Carol Vaghar, Dana Dornbusch, Jennifer Mendelsohn, Lori Arnold, Christine Murphy, Michele Pelletier, Kerry Cietanno, Lauren DeSoiza, Michelle Diggins, Nasrin Sadeghi, Quyen Chu, Yari Korchnoy, Carol Rogal, Rachel Kagan and Brooke Goldstone. You can’t make change happen without showing up. You showed up and therefore are making change happen! High Five!
- P8, Wk3, Kick A** Weigh In (person with weight loss goal, who’s Kick A** Weigh In beat their last shoes off measurements weigh in): Carol Vaghar, Lisa DeLima, Ceci Dunn, Jennifer Mendelsohn, Greg Pinto, Christine Murphy, Jennifer St. Onge, Michele Pelletier, Michelle Diggins, Quyen Chu and Yari Korchnoy. Doesn’t it feel good to kick life’s a** vs. having life kick yours?
- Keri Dogan for running a 10-mile race at a 9min/mile pace! Hoo-Rah! Next time let’s coordinate your workouts Keri so we can have you taper properly to peak you for your race. Click here to learn about tapering.
- P8, Sustained Weight Loss Goal (people who had a WL goal. Hit it and now have sustained it): Jim Pelis and Nasrin Sadeghi.
Got a question? Ask Mike!
Report your challenge workout results here: facebook.com/ChangeYourBodyBootCamps.Newton.MA
Example= “P6, CW, W-A: 1 round in 14:53. Woo baby that was hard. J”