Happy sore legs Tuesday to you! How are those legs feeling? I did a lower body / upper body pull workout today so I can empathize with how you’re feeling. G-R-E-A-T-! J
Speaking of great, here is the belated, but super awesome week 2 recap. Lots of great content and if you like something comment below.
This week’s agenda:
- Week 2 Recap
- Cardio Minutes
- Week 3 Theme
- Guest Day
- Post Measurements
- @ Home Workouts
- P6 Playlist
- Nutrition Discussion / Grocery Shopping Tour
- Membership Upgrades
- Shout Outs
- Ask Mike
- FAB 2012
- WL to FL Progressions
Week 2 Recap
Less sore week was excellent in my opinion and from feedback from various team members of CYBBC. W-A’s lower body was significantly less uncomfortable and actually liked b/c it was an acceleration day. The 40min UGIG (you go I go), upper body strength and volley ball / tennis conditioning workout was outstanding. Probably everyone’s new favorite workout as there’s something special about alternating 2 minutes of a strength with 2 minutes of conditioning and within those 2 minutes alternating with a partner for a certain number of reps. Either way it was sweaty, challenging and fun. W-C brought the Total Body Workout with heavy emphasis on abs and for the 1st time ever in CYBBC history 2 full rounds of the triathlon relay. Can you say sore guts? “Sore guts!”.
Cardio Minutes: Week 2
|Time||Day 1||Day 2||Day 3||Total|
To review weekly cardio minute goals, how to report your minutes and/or review the interval training program handout, please click here.
Week 3 Theme
Week 3: Progression – Record Week / Increased reps, sets, rounds and/or load / Perfect form / Sore / Post Testing
Recovery Week: Challenge Week / Individual Challenge Week / On own, max reps, sets, rounds and/or weight in same time or less / Perfect form / Very Sore, but loving it /
Local Guest Day is this week. You are welcome to bring a local guest to class on one of the below dates. Send your guest(s) to this link to sign up: https://bootcampboston.com/vig.
- 6:30pm, Tues, June 5 @ Mackenzie Center
- 6am, Wed, June 6 @ B&G Club
- 9am, Wed, June 6 @ Mackenzie Center
Non-Local / Out of Town Guest Day is any day. To learn more about guest days click here.
Got a guest? Send them to this link to sign up: https://bootcampboston.com/vig
PM will be at 8am, Saturday, June 9 @ the Mackenzie Center. You’ll need to RSVP to get your private time slot. I’ll send an email on Thursday at 1pm and the 1st to reply gets the 1st time slot, 2nd to reply gets the second time slot, and so on…
@ Home Workouts
W-D and Ab Workout videos are done. Their each 15minutes in length, are designed to be fast, fun, short in duration, effective and most importantly making it easy for you to do so you’ll want to do them at home.
Click here to watch the Ab Workout
Click here to watch the Workout D’s Beach Workout.
Nutrition Discussion & Grocery Shopping Tour
Thank you Ariella Stober, Krisztina Ponder-Chander, Peter Kelly, Michelle Crowley, Nasrin Sadeghi and our out of town guest Christina for attending this phase’s Nutrition Discussion and Grocery Shopping Tour. Apply what you learned and you’ll experience both short and sustained body changes! Special note, this was Peter’s 2nd ND participation and first with a FL / Wt. Maintenance goal.
Thank you Kerry Cietanno, Susan Suminski and Michele Pelletier for choosing to continue your excellent body changes with CYBBC by choosing to upgrade your 3-month memberships to 12-month memberships. We really enjoy having you on the team and I enjoy getting to coach you.
- Phase 6, Perfect Attendance through week 2: Jennifer Cullen, Alicia Straus, Katy Coughlin, Marisa Cimino, Lisa DeLima, Dana Dornbusch, Eva Chittendon, Carol Gray, Laurel Britt-Webb, Scott Timmins, Mary Magre, Walter Piescik, Hillary Ashton, Cathy Devoe, Jennifer Mendelsohn, Lori Arnold, Eric Riak, Ilona Goldfarb, Donna O’Leary, Keri Dogan, Jim Pelis, Sharon Russo, Thomas John, Paul Cullen, Greg Pinto, Christine Murphy, Jennifer St. Onge, Peter Kelly, Michele Pelletier, Kerry Cietanno, Lauren DeSoiza, Joshua Gann, Michelle Diggins, Krisztina Pongratz-Chander, Nasrin Sadeghi, Ruth Sakakeeny, Michelle Crowley and Ariella Stober. High Five for making time for you. You’re building great habits.
- Cardio High Fives (Phase 6, week 1): Marc Gromada, Chrissy Thurmond, Alicia Straus, Katy Coughlin, Marisa Cimino, Jackie Bunt, Dana Dornbusch, Kristen Pepe, Carol Gray, Scott Timmins, Mary Magre, Walter Piescik, Henry Fizer, Jennifer Mendelsohn, Christine Dunleavy, Keri Dogan, Jim Pelis, Sharon Russo, Thomas John, Paul Cullen, Greg Pinto, Jennifer St. Onge, Susan Suminski, Peter Kelly, Kerry Cietanno, Krisztina Pongratz-Chander, Ruth Sakakeeny, Michelle Crowley and Semirames Baptista. You are heart & lung machines. Bro hugs, chest bumps and/or Curtsy Bows to you!
- P6, Wk2, Kick A** Weigh In (person with weight loss goal, who’s Kick A** Weigh In beat their best shoes off measurements weigh in): Jackie Bunt, Scott Timmins, Greg Pinto, Jennifer St. Onge, Krisztina Pongratz-Chander, Nasrin Sadeghi, and Ruth Sakakeeny. To do this is a big deal. You’re now kind of a big deal. You better make time for PM this Saturday so you can get your new measurements on record.. J
- Jennifer Cullen, Paul Cullen and Kerry Cietanno all ran a recent ½ marathon and set personal records. Jenny & Paul ran their 1st “halves” in times of 2:14:00 and 2:11:03 respectively. That’s awesome. They’re both short race sprinters (my words) and decided to try extending it out a bit. Yeah for you both.
- Kerry beat her previous best from 2006 on this race by 28 seconds, 1:54:10, and wrote her “legs felt really strong– every squat, lunge, burpee definitely paid off! Thanks for all your coaching!” Thank you Kerry for all of your effort. 2012 is turning out to be a great year for KC. Setting personal records, getting into high school shape, making change happen. Let the signs and the compliments that you’re doing the right thing keep coming. 🙂
- Michelle Diggins wrote, “I have to tell you that I had to go out this weekend last minute and buy all new shorts because my ones from last summer were swimming on me! I am now a size 6! :)” (from a size 8-10 in March).
- Lauren DeSoiza ran the Aids Walk 5K (why walk when you can run, right?), with a 1st mile time of 8:40 and an overall time of 34:00 and an average mile time of 10:57. Hoo-rah Lauren! We test the CYBBC indoor 1-mile time on Monday, June 18. Be there!
- Jackie Bunt for feeling secure enough to let a bunch of grade schoolers beat her in a Wellesley 5K this past weekend. (wink). High Five for running a 5K in 25:11with a pace of 8:07/mile (her best CYBBC 1-mile indoor time is 8:08).
- Kristen Pepe for running her 1st 5K EVER this past weekend in a time of 31 minutes and a pace of 9:59 sec (her best CYBBC 1-mile indoor time is 11:37; WOW!).
- Kerry Cietanno for running a 5K in 25:38 1 week after racing her ½ marathon. An 8:15 average mile pace. This woman is on F-I-Y-E-H! We need to get you an indoor 1-mile CYBBC time.
- Michelle Diggins again, and we’ve got another quote for you, “Hey! First of all, I wanted to let you know how awesome my reunion was! I got so many compliments from my friends about how great I looked. I felt great in every picture taken. It is a great feeling. J I can’t thank you enough for all the motivation!” Michelle, you did all of the work. You made time in your schedule. You kept your head up when you didn’t see changes after your 1st week. You were willing to do what your friend who didn’t get into boot camp wasn’t willing to do. You’re a great teammate and you’re making great choices in and at the table.
- Sharon Russo for rocking the Ab Workout and 2 rounds of W-D at home.
- Christine Murphy for rocking out the AB workout and then going on a long bike ride in which she was extra strong.
Got a question? Ask Mike
If you’re on facebook. Become a fan and like us: facebook.com/ChangeYourBodyBootCamps.Newton.MA
Bonus #1: 15 Minute Manual Stretch / Quarter
James Glanville, Marc Gromada, Eric Riak, Scott Timmins and Eva Chittenden, thank you again for being 2012, Top 3, Fast Action Bonus Winners for your training time by renewing your 12-month memberships before midnight, January 1, 2012. You’ve got 3 days left to schedule your Q2 15-min manual stretch or risk losing it. Click here to schedule. Scott just scheduled his.
WL to FL / WM Progression
Helen will be contacting the following people who hit their bodyweight goal and are ready to move from WL to FL progressions: Paul Cullen, Peter Kelly, Chris Lynch and Kerry Cietanno. She will ask you a few questions, please ask her any questions you’d like me to answer and then she will schedule a call for us to review your questions and come up with your next ACTION STEPS to achieve your new goals.