Happy Tuesday to you!
I hope your empowerment week is off to a great start and your feeling real good about what you’re going to accomplish this week. V and I have our Christmas tree so the holiday good karma is brewing at the Alves Compound East.
Speaking of good karma. Here’s the week 3 recap including my favorite part, the Shout Outs.
This week’s agenda:
- Cardio Minutes
- Weekly Themes
- Empower Week Plan
- Challenge Workouts
- Phase 13
- Shout Outs
- Ask Mike
Cardio Minutes: Week 3
|Time||Day 1||Day 2||Day 3||Total|
Empower Week Cardio Plan: click here to view.
Week 4: Empower Week / Challenge Week: Train on own, max reps, sets, rounds and/or weight in same time or less / Perfect form / Very Sore, but loving it /
Empower Week Plan
Next week is Empower Week. You can choose to do cardio only if you’re feeling beat up and your body needs to rest, but if you’re feeling great, ready to go and you don’t want to stop, then the Challenge Week Workouts are your best decision, though it’s also a great time to do the Ab Workout, the Workout D beach workout, the travel workout or the 4 Week Fat Loss Jump Start workout. It doesn’t matter, just get it done.
Empower Week Option #1: no strength training, do empower week cardio goal only and other recreational activities.
Empower Week Option #2: do some strength training (decrease total work volume by 50%), do regular cardio goal and other recreational activities
Strength Training Example: 1-3 challenge workouts, but only 10min of strength challenge, ½ the conditioning challenge and the Finisher can be optional; also you can choose your own strength training option like a class, 4 Week Fat Loss Jump Start Program, Hotel Travel Workout Routine or other. Remember to decrease training volume. Easiest way to do this is to train strength for ONLY 10-minutes, 1-3x/wk instead of 20minutes, 1-3x/wk.
Empower Week Option #3: strength train, do cardio goal with other recreational activities optional.
Strength Training Example: 1-3 Full Challenge Workouts, 4 Week Fat Loss Jump Start Workout, Hotel Travel Workout Routine, a class or other strength training option.
To see the Empower Week Plan with cardio minute goals, challenge workouts, the 4 Week Fat Loss Jump Start Workout, the Hotel Travel Workout Routine, Workout D the Pre-Beach Routine or the Abs Workout, click here.
To see the 2012, P12, Challenge Workouts, copy & paste this to your browser:
- Orientation is 8am, Sunday, November 25, 2012 @ Mackenzie
- 1st Classes begin on Monday, December 3, 2012.
- The training schedule will be:
|Day 1: M||Day 2: T / W||Day 3: Th / F|
|Total Body||Total Body||Total Body|
- P12, Week 3, Cardio Minutes High Fives: Betsy Tyer, Carol Vaghar, Nasrin Sadeghi, Helen Rousseau and Yari Korchnoy. You made change happen during a holiday week. That’s like a triple word score in scrabble. High Five to you!
- P12, Week 2, Cardio Minutes High Fives: Marc Gromada, Helen Rousseau, Carol Vaghar, Marisa Cimino, Carol Gray, Ceci Dunn, Jim Pelis, Greg Pinto, Susan Suminski, Kerry Cietanno, Joshua Gann, Mich Crowley, Yari Korchnoy, Kim Tosi, LeeAnn Liu, Bernadette McCarthy, Peter Kelly, Cecilia Vernes, Kim Callinan, Amy Fleischman, Mike Coyne, Alexandra Nouel, David Packer, Wendy Debasse, Julie Levin, Betsy Tyer and Doris Brodhead. Good for you making time for yourself. Now, comparing your week to the fact that you hit your cardio goal, on a 1-10scale w/ 10 being supremely awesome and 1 being o.k. ask yourself how awesome was your week?
- P12, Perfect Attendance: Helen Rousseau, Jennifer O’Leary, Katy Coughlin, Carol Vaghar, Marisa Cimino, Laurel Britt-Webb, Mary Magre, Ceci Dunn, Paul Cullen, Christine Murphy, Jennifer St. Onge, Lauren DeSoiza, Michelle Crowley, Yari Korchnoy, Amy Landry, Lauren Coyne, Donna O’Leary, LeeAnn Liu, Regina Lavelle, Cecilia Vernes, Kim Callinan, Amy Fleischman, Mike Coyne, Julie Levin and Betsy Tyer. Hard work beats talent every time. You may not have the best genetics, but you can outwork those who do. If you want lasting change, don’t miss workouts. The 2 easiest ways to win long term in life, not just health is to create the habits of (1) arranging your lifestyle so you don’t miss training and (2) giving your best effort every time! Do these 2 habits and you’ll create a winning life environment AND you’ll giving half assed efforts on days your less than your best will be more foreign than Sony Walkman’s.
- P12, Kick A** Weigh In (shoes on) beat previous best Measurements Weigh In (shoes off) and has a weight loss goal: Greg Pinto, Kim Callinan, Lauren Davis, Betsy Tyer and Doris Brodhead. Big high fives to you 5. Either because of travel or b/c of indulgence your peers with weight loss goals weren’t able to beat their previous best, but you did! Yeah to you!
- P12, PM High Fives (remember these measurements are taken 2 days after Thanksgiving)!
- Amy Landry has lost 4.5% BF, 7.6 lbs. fat mass and 5” from her waist while gaining 3.3 lbs. of lean mass and earning herself a 0.70 W-H Ratio since August 2012.
- Kim Callanan has has lost a total of 4.53 lbs of fat mass, 2.4% body fat, 2.4” from her waist while gaining 1.5 lbs. of lean muscle since October 2012.
- Regina Lavelle has lost 9.7 lbs, 2” from her waist and 2.6” from her hips since October 2012.
- Joan Gallant has gained 1.5 lbs. of lean muscle while losing 5.5 lbs of fat mass, 3.1% body fat, 3.4” from her waist and 1.75” from her hips since Sept 2012.
- Carol Vaghar has entered the healthy BMI range, has lost 2 lbs since last phase, 11.4 lbs since last December and 21.9 lbs since becoming a member in January 2010. Her consistency in the kitchen, on her treadmill and at boot camp is earning results. Plus she’s lost a total of 2” from her hips, 4.6” from her waist, 17.2 lbs. of fat mass, 7.1% BF while maintaining kick butt Blood Pressures since January 2010.
- Betsy Tyer lost 6.4 lbs. and 1.4% BF in her first phase.
- Yari Korchnoy lost another 4.1 lbs, 1.2% BF, 1.8” from his waist, 0.6” from his hips this phase and had to buy all new exercise clothes b/c he was swimming in his old clothes. He’s now lost 42.1 lbs, 11% BF, 6.75” from his waist and 3.9” from his hips since June 2012.
- Bernadette McCarthy lost another 2 lbs this past phase despite measurements coming 2 days after Thanksgiving and the night after her high school reunion. She’s now lost 8 lbs, 1.7% BF, and 1.4” from her hips since October.
- Monica Garfield lost another 2 lbs, 2” from her waist and 1” from her hips this past phase despite not being here for most of it due to travel and has now lost a total of 26.4 lbs, 7.8” BF, 5.75” from her waist and 4.5” from her hips since joining in September.
- Lauren Davis lost 1.5” from her waist and 0.8” from her hips during her 1st sort of full phase of boot camp.
- Laura Otting placed 3rd in her age group in the recent 5K4Life (November) with a time of 22:59 and a pace of 7:20/mile. Just for some background, Laura ran her 1st mile EVER with CYBBC in April 2010 with a time of 9:55. She ran her 1st 5K in June 2010 with a time of 27:47 and a pace of 8:57/mile (and thought she was going to die the whole time), then she ran the same 5K time (27:47) in the run portion of a triathlon in Sept 2010. Fast forward 2 years, and within six months she completed the Boston Marathon in April 2012, a 5K in June 2012 in 24:17 with a pace of 7:49/mile, the Chicago Marathon in October 2010, then the 5K4Life (22:59 finish time and 7:20/mile pace) a month later (feeling fine and like she wasn’t working that hard).
- April 2010 CYBBC 1-mile pace 9:55 (1st mile run of life).
- June 2010 5K in 27:47 w/ pace of 8:57 (thought she was going to die)
- Sept 2010 Sprint Triathlon (5K run in 27:47 w/ pace of 8:57)
- April 2012 Boston Marathon (1st ever marathon)
- June 2012 5K in 24:17 w/ pace of 7:49.
- Oct 2012 Chicago Marathon (2nd ever marathon)
- Nov 2012 5K in 22:59 w/ pace of 7:20 (felt fine and like she wasn’t working hard).
- Scott Timmins for completing this Spartan Race @ Fenway Park, November 17, 2012
- Betsy Tyer, David Packer, Christine Murphy, Jennifer Cullen and Paul Cullen for attending the Nutrition Discussion and Grocery Shopping Tour.
If I’m helping you to change your life AND you love your Change Your Body Boot Camps experience would you consider helping me to grow my business so I can help change even more lives.
Here are the top 3 ways you can help me grow my business:
- Thank you Helen Rousseau for referring Betsy Tyer and Julie Levin.
- Thank you Lauren Coyne for referring your husband Mike.
- Testimonials, yelp reviews, google reviews, facebook reviews
- Human Resources introduction
Got a question? Ask Mike!
Report your challenge workout results here: facebook.com/ChangeYourBodyBootCamps.Newton.MA
Example= “P11, CW, W-A: 1 round in 14:53. Woo baby that was hard. J”