This week’s agenda:
- Cardio Minutes
- Empower Week
- Challenge Week
- Bonus Week
- GD Thank You
- Post Measurements
- Shout Outs
- Referral Refunds and IPad Winner
- Phase 11 Wedding Referral Promotion
Cardio Minutes: Week 3
|Time||Day 1||Day 2||Day 3||Total|
To review weekly cardio minute goals, how to report your minutes and/or review the interval training program handout, please click here.
Empower Week (fka Recovery Week)
Empower week will replace recovery week for most of the weeks’ boot camp is not meeting face to face. The reason is simply because too many people who don’t really need to recover are sitting around doing nothing to help achieve their goals. Recovery week is for when your body feels beat up and you need to rest, recover and regenerate, not to set yourself back further. To learn more about recovery weeks click here.
Empower week will encourage you to train on your own while developing self-discipline that can be used in all aspects of your body and lifestyle transformation.
Here is your plan for empower week.
A1. No Strength Training
A2. Cardio Only:
*if you’re goal is weight loss and you’re not going to do any strength training during your recovery week, then your cardio goal is 250 for males and 360 for females.
**if you’re goal is fat loss and you’re not going to do any strength training during your recovery week, then your cardio goal is 175 for males and 250 for females.
B1. Strength Training (do own strength workouts or do challenge workouts)
B2. Cardio Goals
males = 175, females = 250 (if weight loss is goal)
males = 150, females = 190 (if fat loss / weight maintenance is goal)
Change Your Body Boot Camps is modeled on a 3 weeks on, 1 week of phase training cycle. There are many reasons for this format, but 1 main reason is to help accelerate your short & long term successes by empowering you do to workouts on your own. One way we do this is with Challenge Workouts during your recovery week. A Challenge Workout is simply a workout challenge I present to you using the workouts you did the previous 3 weeks. I either ask you to complete a certain number of reps, rounds or reps and/or rounds in a certain amount of time. If you’re able to meet or beat the challenge you win. If you’re not able to, you still win b/c you had the courage to attempt it in the first place and you added another push to your momentum.
To review your Challenge Workouts, click here.
There will be 6am, M / W / F bonus workouts next week if you’d like to participate. You can sign up here by clicking here.
GD Thank You
Thank you to Dana Dornbusch and Walter Piescik for inviting Martin Sinozich and Ilona Goldfarb for inviting Elizabeth Telefus to guest day. The more people who participate in your active lifestyle, the easier for you to sustain it for a lifetime. Keep inviting!
Tomorrow, Saturday, October 28 is post measurements. RSVP by clicking here.
Our next Measurements day will be on Measurements & Orientation, Sunday, November 6 starting at 8am. Look for an RSVP email later in the week.
Like me on facebook so we can share training successes together. https://www.facebook.com/changeyourbodybootcamps
- Phase 11, Perfect Attendance: Helen Rousseau, Jennifer O’Leary-Cullen (what is your new last name), Alicia Straus, Marisa Cimino, Jackie Bunt, Lisa DeLima, Krista Kett, Mary Magre, Ceci Dunn, Lori Arnold, Cindy Hutter, Keri Dogan, Jim Pelis, Carol Meyer and Paul Cullen. The best way to never miss a training session is to not do anything that’s going to cause you to miss it. If training is going to give you the life you always wanted, why waste your time on things that hurt or prevent you from getting to your goals the fastest. Stop spinning & get traction for life is too short to waste your time.
- Cardio High Fives (p11, wk2): Marc Gromada, Alicia Straus, Marisa Cimino, Jackie Bunt, Lisa DeLima, Krista Kett, Carol Gray, Mary Magre, Walter Piescik, Ceci Dunn, Cindy Hutter, Laura Otting, Keri Dogan, Jim Pelis, Charlotte Vanlier and Paul Cullen. If you’re name isn’t here, how can you make time to get in more minutes? Heck planned walking or extra walking can help you get over the top of your goal.
- Lori Arnold for enduring the heat and finishing the Tufts 10K.
- Cindy Hutter for completing her 1st triathlon and running a faster 5k after swimming and biking than when she ran a 5k Road Race.
Harvard Global Energy Initiative 5K – March 26, 2011
Net Time: 27:53
Tory Row 5K – May 22, 2001
Net Time: 27:48
Brickman Triathlon – October 2, 2011
Run Time: 26:47
- Laura Otting for running 15 miles just to see if she could and then for running the Tufts 10K on an extremely hot & humid in 59 minutes for a pace of 9:30 (she ran 1.75 miles at an 8:30 pace). You rock! Next goal is to average 8min+ / mile in a race regardless of temperature.
- Keri Dogan and Krista Kett (2:14:33) for running BAA ½ Marathon and not feeling like they were going to die. High Five to you both. Next goal is to crack the 10min / mile pace. Here come the 9min miles. J
- Jackie Bunt for landing in top 5 of her age group with a blistering 8:57 pace in her recent ½ marathon.
- Lori Melchionno for her “hold, hold” until the last mile of her 3 mile race. You’ve come a long way since you joined miss healthy enough to run again!
- Jim Pelis for this quote and for beating his “previous time (26:58) at the Paddy’s Road Race this weekend. I did it in 24:20. The training sessions were key in helping me beat my time. I was much stronger, way more prepared and was able to put it in 5th gear and sprint the last quarter mile.”
- Kerri Dogan for running a 3 miler in 25:42 at about an 8:34 pace.
- Kathy Krongel wrote, “Thanks Coach! So glad I found your boot camp. Feeling younger every year. 🙂” in reply to a birthday email I sent her.
- Dana Dornbusch also wrote, “I think I’m entering this year more fit than I’ve ever been in my life. Very cool!” in regards to a birthday email I sent her.
Yee-Haw! Change Happens Here! Who’s next?
Referral Refunds and the Ipad Winner
$2000 in referral refunds were credited to accounts this past weekend for referrals sent to CYBBC. Thank you for your confidence in referring your friends and helping to grow the Change Your Body Boot Camps community.
We have a winner from the January Bring A Buddy Month and I have a brand spanking new, White Ipad 2 in my possession ready to award the winner who had the greatest attendance percentage for the month of January (70%) and who’s referral signed up for the most months (12).
I’ll present the prize and take a photo with the winner during the next class I see this person. Who could it be?
Phase 11 Wedding Referral Promotion
P11, begins on Sun, Nov 6 with Measurements & Orientation. If you know someone who’s also looking to get in their best shape, wants a supportive team, an inspiring coach and a results oriented program all wrapped in an awesome & fun experience would you please send them my way? Deadline to register is Thursday, November 3 at midnight.
P.S. Vanessa and I are getting married this November 11, we’re super excited and in celebration of our special once in a lifetime event (and to help raise funds for our magical day), I’ll be adding the following once in a lifetime promotion for phase 11 referrals only. Are you ready because this is H-U-G-E. Here goes:
Any person you refer to CYBBC in the next week, who’s a good match for our program and who becomes a paid member before midnight, November 30, earns you not only a $60 referral credit and them a free month of boot camp (November only), but also gets BOTH, you and your friends, the family membership rates of 15, 20 or 25% off per month on membership dues for 3, 6 and 12-month membership agreements respectively for as long as you both are members.
*If one person stops training, the other loses their discount regardless of whether they refer someone new to replace that person.
*If you already receive the family, student or corporate rate, you will only receive a $60 referral credit, a high five thank you and your friend will still receive the family rate.
*If your family member stops training, but your friend continues to train you will still receive the family discount until no family or friends are training with us, but really, why would they ever stop unless they felt bad about flying backing & forth from the west coast to train with us 3 x/ per week (wink).
*You will receive a $60 referral credit for each and every person you refer who becomes a member. There is no limit.
*If I mis-wrote this in any way, all I’m saying and no more is anyone who you refer that becomes a paid member by midnight, November 30, 2011, gets to try us out for the month for FREE and gets 15, 20 or 25% off per month on their membership dues as long as both you and your friend are members. If one person stops, the other loses their family rate. You will get a $60 referral credit for every person you referAND the family rate for as long as you and your friend are members. You will only receive the family rate of 15, 20 or 25% off per month for 3, 6 and 12month memberships respectively and no more. If you already receive this discount you’ll only receive the $60 referral credit.
I told you this would be H-U-G-E and a once in a lifetime promotion and as you read earlier in this recap, I make good on my referral agreements.
Please send your friends to this link: https://bootcampboston.com and ask them to write your name under the “referred by” section of the registration packet.
Yours changing lives,
var gaJsHost = ((“https:” == document.location.protocol) ? “https://ssl.” : “https://www.”);