Great Friday to you!
I hope you’re feeling as awesome as I am b/c earlier today I beat Challenge Workout #1 in 14min and change. That’s Carol Vaghar, Nasrin Sadeghi and all of you other smack talkers out there. I’m 1 for 1 in the new year. 😉
Week 2 was great. People are getting focused, healthy and building momentum. I think the in class challenge workouts next week and the 6 weeks straight will be a great accelerator for your 2013 goals. I’m excited for you. And now…
This week’s agenda:
- Cardio Minutes
- Weekly Themes
- MLK Day
- Guest Day
- Nutrition Discussion & Grocery Shopping Tour
- Post Measurements
- Ask Mike
- Tower Climbs
- Shout Outs
Cardio Minutes: week 2
|Time||Day 1||Day 2||Day 3||Total|
Week 3 Cardio Goal:
Rookies / Returning Boot Campers
- Weight Loss (WL): 175 males / 250 females
- Fat Loss / Weight Maintenance (FL): 125 males / 190 females; primarily interval sprint based
- Performance: ask me
Click here to review interval training program handout and for examples of workouts
When reporting minutes via email, if you’re using the fat loss / weight maintenance goal, please denote it like this: FL your cardio number min. If your goal is weight loss, please denote it like this, WLyour cardio number min. This will help me know whether to give you a high five or not.
Each week we’ll have a different theme and even some days we’ll have a different theme. Themes make your experience more fun and remind you of how your body will be feeling or what you’ll be doing.
Week 1: Intro / Measurements & Orientation / Cardio Progression Week for Returning Boot Campers / Less Sets, Reps, Rounds and/or Load. Perfect form. Very Sore Week for All
Week 2: 2nd Exposure / Regular reps, sets, rounds and/or load / Perfect form / Less Sore
Nutrition Discussion / Grocery Shopping Tour
Week 3: Record Week / Increased reps, sets, rounds and/or load / Perfect form / Sore / Post Testing
Recovery Week: Challenge Week / Individual Challenge Week / On own, max reps, sets, rounds and/or weight in same time or less / Perfect form / Very Sore, but loving it /
Martin Luther King Day, Monday, January 21, will be a regular training day. If you’re traveling and will not be able to join us, please consider following along with this workout. You’ll need a dumbbell, a mat, a roller, internet access, and a laptop, computer or smart phone.
A. Foam Roll 5min (10:5; aim for 5-10 rolls)
B. Movement Prep: 5min (50:10)
- Side-Lying Thoracic Extension w/ Rotation x8e
- ½ Kneeling Hip Flexor Mobes @ Wall x8e
- 1-Leg Bridge x8e
- 3-Way Flat Ankle Mobes x5e
- Deep Squat x8
Local Guest Day is MLK week. You are welcome to bring a guest to class on one of the below dates. Local guest day builds your support circle and lets your friends understand better what you do to look and feel so great.
- 6:30pm, Tues, January 22 @ Mackenzie Center
- 6am, Wed, Jan 23 @ B&G Club
- 9am, Wed, Jan 23 @ Mackenzie Center
Please send your guests here to register: https://bootcampboston.com/vig
Non-Local/Out of Town Guest Day:
These guests are welcome anytime, but must be planned with me. https://bootcampboston.com/vig. You’ll never have to skip a beat when family, friends or colleagues are visiting. Just bring them with you and create a new bond.
Nutrition Discussion & Grocery Shopping Tour
This weekend is the ND & GST. Please print out and bring your nutrition handout.
Sunday, January 20, 2012
10am, Nutrition Discussion (be there for 9:55am)
John M. Barry Boys & Girls Club
675 Watertown Street
Newton, MA 02460
11:15am, Grocery Shopping Tour
Stop & Shop
171 Watertown Street
Newton, MA 02460
You can have the best architect, contractors and construction workers, but if you give them crappy materials to build with you’ll get a crappy home. If you want to build your body, to feel, look and move great for your lifetime, then eating right 90% of the time will let you live like no one else.
7-9am, Saturday, January 26 @ Mackenzie. These are 5minute appointments. RSVP NOW Email for Private Measurements goes out @ 1pm, Thursday, January 24, 2013.
Got a question? Ask Mike
Are you on Facebook? Become a fan and like us: https://www.facebook.com/ChangeYourBodyBootCamps.Newton.Ma
I agree. Thank you Kathleen Lowney for the quote. J
You know how when you walk through downtown Boston or through Manhattan and you’re surrounded by all of those tall buildings, you find yourself walking a bit taller and you wonder to yourself, “man wouldn’t it be awesome if I could run their stairwells to get cardio minutes in?” Well guess what? You can.
Join Peter Kelly and run the Prudential Center, Sunday, January 27, 2013.
Join Quyen Chu and run, One Boston Place on Saturday, February 2, 2013.
These count as cardio minutes and so will your dynamic warm up and you’re training to get ready. You won’t get a lot of minutes, but you’ll get super high quality minutes.
- P1, Perfect Attendance after week 2: Helen Rousseau, Carol Vaghar, Marisa Cimino, Dana Dornbusch, Laurel Britt-Webb, Scott Timmins, Ceci Dunn, Joshua Gann, Michelle Crowley, Quyen Chu, Yari Korchnoy, Joan Gallant, LeeAnn Liu, Bernadette McCarthy, Regina Lavelle, Cecilia Vernes, Kim Callinan, Amy Fleischman, Mike Coyne, Lauren Davis, Julie Levin, Charyti Reiter, Russell Neufield, Betsy Tyer, Krisztina Pongratz-Chander, Aaron Jacobs, Alexander Urman, Steve Froyman, Gaelle Duret, Laura Musholt, Krista Kett, Cathy Devoe, Katie Randall, Katie Vivolo, Melissa Philbrook and Taryn Elacqua. Moments create momentum and momentum equals change. You can’t create moments if you miss workouts. You’re creating moments. High five!
- P1, Week 2, Kick A** Weigh In (shoes on) beat previous best Measurements Weigh In (shoes off) and has a weight loss goal: Jennifer O’Leary, Carol Vaghar, Greg Pinto, Alexander Urman, Steve Froyman, Gaelle Duret, Laura Musholt, Katie Vivolo, Jen Malloy and Melissa Philbrook. You have been 1st and fastest to break holiday season habits and embrace empowering New Year habits. Yeah for you!
- James Glanville for getting back into the routine of training. High Five James!
- Melissa Philbrook for sharing your massage stick with Meredith Adams.
- Michele Pelletier for pushing out 25 push ups during testing. You’re previous best was 3. J
- Mich Crowley for tying the female class record of 16 on the Anaerobic Shuttle Runs.