Well GREAT Sunday Evening to you if you’re a New England Patriots or New York Giants fans, what great wins!
On another note, before I forget. Next week is Empower Week, which means you’ll be training on your own at home or with a buddy. Attached to your email are your challenge week workouts.
I hope you enjoyed your new playlist, partner training, the undulated workouts daily and now weekly, the dedicated 5 minutes for mobility, corrective exercises and muscle activiation to address common injury spots and some of the new exercises & progressions specifically the human cable column, hanging chin up holds and piked push-ups.
This week’s agenda:
- Cardio Minutes
- Weekly Themes
- Empower Week Plan
- Challenge Workouts
- Quarter 1 Testing
- Exercise Challenge
- Phase 2
- Shout Outs
Cardio Minutes: Week 3
|Time||Day 1||Day 2||Day 3||Total|
Empower Week Cardio Plan: click here to view.
Week 4: Empower Week / Challenge Week: Train on own, max reps, sets, rounds and/or weight in same time or less / Perfect form / Very Sore, but loving it /
Empower Week Plan
Next week is Empower Week. You can choose to do cardio only if you’re feeling beat up and your body is in need of a rest, but if you’re feeling great, ready to go and you don’t want to stop, then the Challenge Week Workouts are your best decisions.
Empower Week Option #1: no strength training, do empower week cardio goal only and other recreational activities.
Empower Week Option #2: do some strength training (decrease total work volume by 50%), do cardio goal and other recreational activities
Strength Training Example: 1-3 challenge workouts, but only 10min of strength challenge, ½ the conditioning challenge and w/ the Finisher optional; also can choose own strength training option like a class, 4 Week Fat Loss Jump Start Program, Hotel Travel Workout Routine or other. Remember to decrease training volume. Easiest way to do this is to train strength for ONLY 10-minutes, 1-3x/wk instead of 20minutes, 1-3x/wk.
Empower Week Option #3: strength train, do cardio goal with other recreational activities optional.
Strength Training Example: 1-3 Full Challenge Workouts, 4 Week Fat Loss Jump Start Workout, Hotel Travel Workout Routine, a class or other strength training option.
Click here to see the 2012, P1, Challenge Workouts.
Quarter 1 Testing
Here are the results of our recent Post-Holiday Performance Testing.
Since we’re on the subject of challenges and testing, do you think you have what it takes to beat this guy in a plank challenge?
- Deadline for new participants to register is midnight, Thursday, January 27, 2011. Refer your friends to the 1 Week Trial page to sign up.
- Measurements & Orientation is 8am, Sunday, January 30, 2011 @ Mackenzie
- 1st Classes begin on Monday, January 31, 2011.
- Week 1 Cardio High Fives: Marc Gromada, Alicia Straus, Carol Vaghar, Marisa Cimino, Jackie Bunt, Deb Rooney, Scott Timmins, Walter Piescik, Henry Fizer, Ceci Dunn, Jennifer Mendelsohn, Laura Otting, and Paul Cullen
- Week 2 Cardio High Fives: Marc Gromada, Alicia Straus, Marisa Cimino, Deb Rooney, Carol Gray, Scott Timmins, Mary Magre, Walter Piescik, Henry Fizer, Ceci Dunn, Hillary Ashton, Jennifer Mendelsohn, Jim Pelis, Thomas John, Paul Cullen and Greg Pinto
- Phase 1 Perfect Attendance: Marc Gromada, Marisa Cimino, Dana Dornbusch, Deb Rooney, Krista Kett, Laurel Britt-Webb, Henry Fizer, Ceci Dunn, Cathy Devoe, Jennifer Mendelsohn, Lori Arnold, Eric Riak, Thomas John and Stella Lee. To make change happen, you must show up. You made change happen. High five to all of you!
- Camper of the Month: Sir Henry Fizer. Henry welcome back. You were awesome this phase. Great to see you. J
- Congratulations to Chrissy Thurmond for her new job in the Physics Department of Harvard University.
- Congratulations to Laurel Britt-Webb for being promoted to National Sales Manager for Illy Coffee.
- Congratulations to Greg Pinto for being named the #1 Financial Advisor in Boston, MA and the #8 out of 3,000 Financial Advisors in the U.S.
- Congratulations and thank you to Helen Rousseau for accepting a position as my administrative assistant. Helen has an awesome personality and her email check ins always make me laugh and I thought and she’s proven me right that she’d make a great assistant and first contact for new leads.
- Congratulations Jennifer (O’Leary) Cullen for your new job in Nursing.
- Thank you Marisa Cimino for running CYBBC while I was away getting married. The feedback was excellent Marisa. Your peers liked your music, they thought you knew what you were doing and were impressed by your ability to demonstrate level 3 exercises.
- Welcome back Eva Chittendon. It’s great to see you & coach you again.
- Check out the great Success Stories Hillary Ashton, Cindy Hutter, Carol Gray, Dana Dornbusch, Kathy Krongel, Lisa DeLima, Jim Pelis and Susan Klapisch wrote in 2011.
- Laura Otting is running the Boston Marathon this year and she’s throwing a fundraiser party, Saturday, Feb 4th from 7-11pm @ Space with A Soul, 281 Summer Street, Boston and all are welcome. It’s sure to be a kick butt event. If you’re interested in participating with the Miami girl please let me know and she’ll forward you a formal invitation.