Greetings and beautiful Sunday to you!
Wow what a Saturday those of you in the Boston area had. That sure was some beautiful weather. V and I are hosting my favorite mother-in-law Pat for a couple of days and my parents came up to visit so we took them all on the Harbor Walk from the Seaport District and walked to the North End up and down all the piers and then rewarded them by standing in line for 75min to eat at Giacomo’s, which they disliked very much until they ate the food, which they enjoyed thoroughly, except my dad who got the swordfish, but that’s his problem, b/c who gets swordfish at an Italian place where sauce is the focal point. Anyways, we took the short walk home, skipped the piers and had a nice evening. And That was my plan for a little sightseeing burn & earn adventure before & after a fun, planned splurge meal.
Now to the week 2 recap!
This week’s agenda:
- Cardio Minutes
- Week 3 Theme
- Guest Day
- Post Measurements
- PUMP-kin Workout
- New Members & Rookies
- Shout Outs
- ND & GST
- Ask Mike
- FAB 2012
Cardio Minutes: Week 2
|Time||Day 1||Day 2||Day 3||Total|
To review weekly cardio minute goals, how to report your minutes and/or review the interval training program handout, please click here.
Week 3 Theme
Week 3: Progression – Record Week / Increased reps, sets, rounds and/or load / Perfect form / Sore / Post Testing
Recovery Week: Challenge Week / Individual Challenge Week / On own, max reps, sets, rounds and/or weight in same time or less / Perfect form / Very Sore, but loving it /
Local Guest Day is this week. You are welcome to bring a local guest to class on one of the below dates. Send your guest(s) to this link to sign up: http://bootcampboston.com/vig. Laura Otting has invited her marathon training buddy Russell Neufield. Who would you like to bring?
- 6:30pm, Tues, Oct 23 @ Mackenzie Center
- 6am, Wed, Oct 24 @ B&G Club
- 9am, Wed, Oct 24 @ Mackenzie Center
Non-Local / Out of Town Guest Day is any day. To learn more about guest days click here.
Got a guest? Send them to this link to sign up: http://bootcampboston.com/vig
PM will be, Saturday, October 27 @ the Mackenzie Center. You’ll need to RSVP to get your private time slot. I’ll send an email on Thursday at 1pm and it’ll be 1st come 1st served sign up process for time slots, so be ready and waiting.
7-8pm, Friday, October 26 @ the Mackenzie Center will be the Freaky Fat Loss Pumpkin Workout to support the John M. Barry Boys & Girls Club. Dress up in your favorite costume or wear orange and black and come get in your last workout before Saturday’s measurements. You can sign up here: pumpkinworkouts.com
New Members, Returning Members and Rookies
Please welcome Rachel Kagan (6:30pm), Amy Landry (6am), Lauren Coyne (9am), Monica Garfield (9am), Kim Tosi (9am) and Joan Gallant (9am) as new members, Peter Kelly (6am) and Amy Fleischman (6am) as returning members, Ilona Goldfarb and Lori Arnold back from whereabouts unknown and rookies, LeeAnn Liu, Randi Robertson, Bernadette McCarthy, Lauren Pendleton, Regina Lavalle (past member), Cecilia Vernes, Kim McHugh, Patricia Antoine, Kim Callinan, Kelsey Roy and Amabel Ng to the CYBBC family. We are excited to have you train with us and we look forward to helping you make change happen!
- Phase 11, Perfect Attendance through week 2: Jennifer Cullen, Alicia Straus, Katy Coughlin, Marisa Cimino, Lisa DeLima, Carol Gray, Laurel Britt-Webb, Scott Timmins, Ceci Dunn, Lori Arnold, Keri Dogan, Paul Cullen, Christine Murphy, Alison Occhiuti, Jennifer St. Onge, Kerry Cietanno, Chris Lynch, Joshua Gann, Mich Crowley, Quyen Chu, Yari Korchnoy, Rachel Kagan, Amy Landry, Lauren Coyne, Joan Gallant, Monica Garfield, Donna O’Leary, LeeAnn Liu, Lauren Pendleton, Regina Lavalle, Peter Kelly, Patricia Antoine, Kim Callinan and Amy Fleischman. The best way to make change happen is to not miss workouts. Don’t miss workouts. They represent your health & vitality and they are priority #1. Everything including spouses, family and work come 2nd to your health & vitality. Don’t cringe. A happy you, is a happy life for everyone else, and a happy you makes everything you touch, better. Have faith and do it!
- Cardio High Fives (Phase 11, week 1): Marc Gromada, Katy Coughlin, Carol Vaghar, Marisa Cimino, Lisa DeLima, Scott Timmins, Mary Magre, Walter Piescik, Ceci Dunn, Hillary Ashton, Jennifer Mendelsohn, Jim Pelis, Paul Cullen, Alison Occhiuti, Christopher Lynch, Joshua Gann, Nasrin Sadeghi, Quyen Chu, Yari Korchnoy, Kimberly Tosi, Lauren Coyne, Joan Gallant, Monica Garfield, Donna O’Leary, LeeAnn Liu, Lauren Pendleton, Regina Lavalle, Peter Kelly, Kim McHugh, Patricia Antoine, Kim Callinan and Kelsey Roy. Remember how good training makes you feel and how it lets you be your best. You made time for you and your body rewarded you with great moods, energy and clarity.
- P11, Wk2, Kick A** Weigh In (person with weight loss goal, who’s Kick A** Weigh In beat their best shoes off measurements weigh in): Alicia Straus, Scott Timmins, Christine Murphy, Alison Occhiuti, Yari Korchnoy, Monica Garfield and Lauren Pendleton. If you’re reading your name here and your goal is weight loss, you did good! J
- Shout out to Mary Magre’s 3 kids for running their 1st 5K’s.
- Shout out to Jim Pelis for running the Paddy O’s 5K, for running a 1-mile PR of 7:05, for starting in the FRONT ROW of the race and for finishing with a time of 22:21. His boot camp 1-mile PR is 8:33, that’s a 1-minute, 28second improvement. Wow!
- Shout out to Christine Murphy for beating her previous best in a 5K. Last she ran the same 5K in a time of 31:42 (10min/mile pace) and finished 15 in her age class, 323rd overall. This year she finished with a 5K time of 27:22 (8:27min/mile pace), 6th in her age group and 129th overall. Wow! Christine cut 2.5min off her pace, 4:20 off her 5K time, jumped 9 places in her age group and passed 194 people overall.
ND & GST
Thank you LeeAnn Liu, Kim Callanan and Cecilia Vernes for participating in the ND & GST today. Food is fun and a variable you can manipulate to make yourself feel great, perform better and look awesome. Today was another moment in your growing momentum of change!
Got a question? Ask Mike
If you’re on facebook. Become a fan and like us: facebook.com/ChangeYourBodyBootCamps.Newton.MA
Bonus #1: 15 Minute Manual Stretch / Quarter
James Glanville, Marc Gromada, Scott Timmins and Eva Chittenden, thank you again for being 2012, Top 3, Fast Action Bonus Winners for your training time by renewing your 12-month memberships before midnight, January 1, 2012. Send me an email to schedule your Q4 15-min, manual stretch.