Thank you Marisa, Scott, Carol and Sharon for inviting me to train with you today. It was awesome. I love training in general by I almost always am training by myself, but after having a number of workout partners growing up and playing many team sports, I know how powerful, fun and motivating training with a team can be and it sure was awesome training with you today, so thank you for asking.
On another note, I’m there to coach you, not train myself, so let’s call this a special occasion.
Now, happy Labor Day Weekend and end to our face to face coaching for the 3rd Quarter. You have 3 awesome challenge workouts uploaded, linked and ready to follow along with. I finished CW#1 and got timed out on CW#2 and 3. They’re tough, effective and depending on your P.O.V. fun and they’ll leave you feeling great later.
This week’s agenda:
- Cardio Minutes
- Post Measurements Reminder
- Weekly Themes
- Empower Week Plan
- Challenge Workouts
- Phase 9
- Shout Outs
- Ask Mike
Cardio Minutes: Week 3
|Time||Day 1||Day 2||Day 3||Total|
Empower Week Cardio Plan: click here to view.
Reminder! Tomorrow, Saturday, September 1, 2012 starting at 8am is Post Measurements and you’re chance to measure what you’ve been doing in the kitchen so you can manage the rate at which you achieve & evolve your best shape.
Do it! RSVP Now by clicking on this link.
Week 4: Empower Week / Challenge Week: Train on own, max reps, sets, rounds and/or weight in same time or less / Perfect form / Very Sore, but loving it /
Empower Week Plan
Labor Day week is Empower Week. You can choose to do cardio only if you’re feeling beat up and your body is in need of a rest, but if you’re feeling great, ready to go and you don’t want to stop, then the Challenge Week Workouts are your best decision, though it’s also a great time to do the Ab Workout, Workout D’s beach workout, the travel routine workout or the 4 Week Fat Loss Jump Start. It doesn’t matter, just get it done.
Empower Week Option #1: no strength training, do empower week cardio goal only and other recreational activities.
Empower Week Option #2: do some strength training (decrease total work volume by 50%), do regular cardio goal and other recreational activities
Strength Training Example: 1-3 challenge workouts, but only 10min of strength challenge, ½ the conditioning challenge and the Finisher can be optional; also you can choose your own strength training option like a class, 4 Week Fat Loss Jump Start Program, Hotel Travel Workout Routine or other. Remember to decrease training volume. Easiest way to do this is to train strength for ONLY 10-minutes, 1-3x/wk instead of 20minutes, 1-3x/wk.
Empower Week Option #3: strength train, do cardio goal with other recreational activities optional.
Strength Training Example: 1-3 Full Challenge Workouts, 4 Week Fat Loss Jump Start Workout, Hotel Travel Workout Routine, a class or other strength training option.
To see the Empower Week Plan with cardio minute goals, challenge workouts, the 4 Week Fat Loss Jump Start Workout, the Hotel Travel Workout Routine, Workout D the Pre-Beach Routine or the Abs Workout, click here.
When Vanessa and I were first dating she used to bribe me with BLT’s to come over for dinner on a school night. 3 BLT’s and I could say no, but when she said 4, I was sold! Thankfully she always had 4 because if she didn’t I’d feel like this dog.
To see the 2012, P9, Challenge Workouts, copy & paste this to your browser:
- M&O is 8am, Saturday, September 8, 2012 @ Mackenzie
- 1st Classes begin on Monday, September 10, 2012.
- The training schedule will be:
|Day 1: M||Day 2: T / W||Day 3: Th / F|
|Total Body||Total Body||Total Body|
- Friends don’t let friends train alone. Refer a friend, get a $60 credit.
If I’m helping you to change your life AND you love your Change Your Body Boot Camps experience would you consider helping me to grow my business so I can help change even more lives.
Here are the top 3 ways you can help me grow my business:
- Referrals: refer a friend who’s a good fit and if they join you get a $60 credit
- Testimonials, yelp reviews, google reviews, facebook reviews
- HR introduction
- Cardio High Fives, P9, week 3: Marc Gromada, Katy Coughlin, Marisa Cimino, Lisa DeLima, Scott Timmins, Ceci Dunn, Hillary Ashton, Laura Otting, Jim Pelis, Paul Cullen, Greg Pinto, Susan Suminski, Michele Pelletier, Kerry Cietanno, Chris Lynch, Josh Gann and Amy Landry. You did great! High Five!
- 2012, P9, Perfect Attendance: Alicia Straus, Marisa Cimino, Lori Arnold, Susan Suminski, Michele Pelletier, Kerry Cietanno, Lauren DeSoiza, Josh Gann and Rachel Kagan. The few, the strong, the change makers!
- P9, Wk3, Kick A** Weigh In (person with weight loss goal, who’s Kick A** Weigh In beat their last shoes off measurements weigh in): Greg Pinto, Christine Murphy, Jennifer St. Onge and Amy Landry. You’re very close to your goal! Stay focused on 1 day, 1 meal, 1 workout at a time and dream about how awesome you’ll feel, look and perform when you get there!
- P9, Sustained Weight Loss Goal (people who had a WL goal. Hit it and now have sustained it): Marisa Cimino and Jim Pelis.
Got a question? Ask Mike!
Report your challenge workout results here: facebook.com/ChangeYourBodyBootCamps.Newton.MA
Example= “P6, CW, W-A: 1 round in 14:53. Woo baby that was hard. J”